TA Operating LLC “2019 SweepSTEAKS” Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The TA Operating LLC “SweepSTEAKS” Instant Win Game and Sweepstakes (the “Game”) is open to legal residents of the United States who reside in the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., who are 21 years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers of TA Operating LLC (the "Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising/promotion agencies, Robust Promotions LLC (“Administrator”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse and "step" of each) and household members (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Game) of each are not eligible to enter the Game. The Game is void where prohibited by law. The Game is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
By participating, you agree to these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor and its agencies, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
2. GAME STRUCTURE/SCHEDULE. Game consists of the Scratch-to-Win Game (“Scratch Game”) and a Spin to Win Instant Win Online Game (referred to herein as “Online Game” and collectively, with Scratch Game, the “Instant Win Game”) and the TA OPERATING LLC SweepSTEAKS $10K Grand Prize Code Sweepstakes (referred to herein as “Sweepstakes Drawing”). Instant Win Game game pieces will be available beginning 9/4/19 through 10/27/19 or when all game pieces for the Instant Win Game have been distributed, whichever occurs first (“Instant Win Period”). Online Game plays and Sweepstakes Drawing entries will be accepted between 9/4/19 at 9:01:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and 11/15/19 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. As to the Online Game and Sweepstakes Drawing, Sponsor’s computer shall be the official clock.
3. HOW TO PLAY. Game Card: During the Instant Win Period during regular business hours, you will receive one game piece with any STEAK purchase at participating County Pride® or Iron Skillet® locations, while supplies last. OR, you may request a game piece without making a purchase by sending a hand printed, self-addressed stamped envelope (no PO Boxes) to: Robust Promotions, Attn: 2019 SweepSTEAKS Game Piece Request, 1415 S. Ardmore Avenue, #6299, Villa Park, IL 60181. Limit one game piece per request and one request per outer postmarked envelope. Free game piece requests must be postmarked by October 27, 2019 and received by November 4, 2019. Free game pieces are available while supplies last. No mechanical reproductions of requests will be accepted. Neither Sponsor nor the Administrator are responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage due mail/game piece requests. Limit: Participants may request one (1) game piece per calendar day, regardless of method of request (either via purchase or via mail).
4. SCRATCH GAME. To determine which discount you have won in the Scratch Game, gently scratch off the designated area of the game piece. If a discount message is revealed, you are the winner of the discount indicated, subject to verification. If the game piece is blank or contains any other message, you are not a discount winner.
5. SCRATCH GAME DISCOUNTS/APPROXIMATE ODDS OF WINNING: A total of 201,000 game pieces are available. (100,500): Coupon for a FREE hot or cold beverage with any purchase on your next visit to a participating Iron Skillet or Country Pride (excludes alcoholic beverages) (1:2). (100,500) $5 off next purchase of $15 or more at a participating Iron Skillet or Country Pride (1:2). Discounts are subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the respective issuers.
6. SCRATCH GAME DISCOUNT CLAIM PROCEDURE. Discounts must be presented and redeemed on a future visit at a participating Country Pride or Iron Skillet restaurant location by the close of business on November 15, 2019. The cashier will detach and keep the Scratch Game prize/discount part of the game card and return the game card to you (so that you can play the Online Game and enter the Sweepstakes Drawing, if you like). Limit one (1) discount per party per visit; discounts may not be combined with other offers, coupons or promotions. Any taxes associated with a discount are the responsibility of the winners. All discounts that are properly claimed will be awarded. Unclaimed discounts will not be awarded. No discount substitution, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Discounts are not redeemable for cash and no change will be given. Discounts may not be assigned, sold or transferred. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a discount of equal or greater value if the advertised discount is unavailable for any reason. Game pieces are subject to verification and are void if copied, forged, altered or tampered with in any manner. If restaurant manager determines, in his/her sole judgment, that game card is irregular, altered, defaced, mutilated, counterfeited or tampered with in any way (prior to restaurant manager detaching Scratch Game part of game card) or was not obtained through authorized, legitimate channels (or individual is otherwise attempting to defraud Sponsor) or that discount claimant is conducting him/herself in a belligerent or inappropriate manner, restaurant manager will confiscate the game card and it will NOT be redeemed for a Scratch Game discount nor will discount claimant be able to use such game card (or its code) to enter the Online Sweepstakes. But, restaurant manager’s confiscation of the game card shall NOT be the sole remedy available to Sponsor should such circumstance arise. All materials submitted in connection with the Game become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Liability for a blank or irregular game piece is limited to replacement with another (randomly selected) game piece, while supplies last. Game cards are void if they are blank or contain printing, mechanical or other errors/defects (as determined by restaurant manager his/her sole judgment). Game cards cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or credit and are void if transferred, exchanged, purchased or obtained/used in violation of these Official Rules. If, for any reason, more game cards are redeemed for a given Scratch Game discount level than prizes offered for the Scratch Game prize/discount level as stated herein, a random drawing will be held from among all eligible persons properly redeeming game cards for that Scratch Game discount level to award only the indicated number of discounts for that Scratch Game discount level (which were previously not awarded). Only the indicated number of Scratch Game discounts are available to be won in the Scratch Game.
If you Match four dollar signs, win $1,000 cash.
If you Match four $500 TA Dining Cards, win $500 TA Dining Card.
If you Match four $500 Petro Dining Cards, win $500 Petro Dining Card.
Online Game Prize Winner Determination: Computer generated winning times will be randomly generated for each Online Game prize available. If you are the first person to participate at or after one of the randomly generated times, you will be a potential winner of the Online Game prize indicated, subject to verification of eligibility. If you receive a message that contains any message other than a winning Online Game prize message, you are not an Online Game prize
winner and will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes Drawing. Odds of winning an Online Game prize depend on the total number of eligible Game plays and the time and date upon which they take place.
Online Game prize winners will be notified via email (using the email address provided during registration) or phone. It is your sole responsibility to ensure the email address is functional and is a valid email address, and to configure your spam filters as necessary to ensure prompt receipt of messages. Prize Notification email will contain the name of the winner and details on how to redeem your Online Game prize. TA and Petro Dining Cards are valid exclusively at participating TA, Petro Stopping Center and TA Express locations. Potential winner of $1,000 cash prize must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where lawful) within 7 days of notification. Potential $1,000 cash Prize winner must complete a W9 form before receiving the prize. If the W9 form is not signed and returned within 7 days from the receipt date, the potential winner forfeits the said prize and prize will not be awarded. $1,000 Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form at the end of year for the value of the prize. All Prize winners will be responsible for applicable sales tax.
If you do not match four symbols on the reels, you will receive (1) entry into the Sweepstakes Drawing for a chance to win $10,000 cash.
If due to technical, production or other errors, more prizes are claimed than intended, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from all those submitting purportedly valid claims. No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING. A "SCREEN SHOT" IS NOT PROOF OR EVIDENCE OF A WINNING PLAY AND/OR PRIZE. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE WEBSITE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL SAID PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING PLAY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND SAID PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED. The submission of a prize claim is solely the responsibility of the participant.
8. ONLINE GAME AND SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING GRAND PRIZE. ONLINE GAME PRIZES: $1,000 CASH (5) – 5 available. Prize will be awarded as a check made payable to the winner for $1,000. $500 TA Dining Card (12) – Twelve available. $500 Petro Dining Card (8) – Eight available. Sweepstakes Drawing Grand Prize (1) – $10,000 (“Grand Prize”). Grand Prize will be awarded as a check made payable to the winner for $10,000. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Total ARV of all Online Game and Sweepstakes Drawing prizes: $25,000.00 Limit one (1) Online Game prize or Sweepstakes Drawing Grand Prize per person.
9. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING WINNER SELECTION/NOTIFICATION: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about November 18, 2019 at 10:00 am ET in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Grand Prize Drawing will be conducted by Robust Promotions, LLC, an independent third party judging agency. Potential winner will be notified by phone or e-mail. Potential winner of Grand Prize must complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability release and publicity release (where lawful) within 7 days of notification. Potential Grand Prize winner must complete a W9 form before receiving the prize. If the W9 form is not signed and returned within 7 days from the receipt date, the potential winner forfeits said prize and prize may be awarded to substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form at the end of year for the value of the prize. Grand Prize will be presented at a Sponsor location that is mutually agreed upon by Sponsor and Grand Prize winner. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement, the potential winner cannot be contacted, is determined to ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Any attempt by an entrant to enter more than the number of times authorized herein using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give the Sponsor the right to disqualify entrant in its sole discretion. Entries that do not include the required information or do not conform to the guidelines and requirements as stated herein will not be eligible and will be disqualified. All prizes that are properly claimed will be awarded. Odds of winning the Sweepstakes Drawing Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes Drawing.
10. ABOUT SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING CODES. A code may only be used to enter the Grand Prize drawing once. Codes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for cash or credit and are void if transferred, exchanged, purchased or obtained/used in violation of these Official Rules. Codes are also void if they contain programming or other errors/defects such that the code cannot be accepted for on-line entry in Sweepstakes Drawing for any reason. Sponsor’s sole liability for an irregular code is replacement with another code, provided supplies last.
11. ONLINE ENTRY RESTRICTIONS. By submitting an entry, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. (A given e-mail address may only be used by a single person for purposes of participation in the Sweepstakes Drawing.) In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the name of the “authorized account holder” of the email address associated with the entry will be deemed to be the entrant (as long as such person is otherwise eligible in accordance with these Official Rules) and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder of the email address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The “authorized account holder” of the mobile phone/device is the natural person in whose name the mobile phone/device has been issued and the services are billed. Entries must be manually key-stroked by entrant; use of programmed, robotic or like means to enter is prohibited. Receipt of entries will not be acknowledged. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for entries that are lost, late, illegible/garbled, corrupted, misdirected, stolen, incomplete or mutilated and all such entries are void. Submission of entry is the sole responsibility of participant. Proof of transmission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. Sponsor and its agencies are also not responsible for (a) any incomplete, incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by tampering, hacking, equipment malfunction/failure or other cause; (b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission of entries, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or (c) any problems or technical malfunctions, disruptions or failures of any kind, including telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, software or programming or for damage to one’s computer due to participation in the Sweepstakes Drawing.
12. RELEASES. By participating, you indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, franchises, agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, agents, successors and assigns from and against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Game and the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including any travel related thereto), or Game-related activities.
13. BACKGROUND CHECK: If Sponsor so elects, potential Grand Prize winner may be required to submit to, and cooperate in, a confidential background check to confirm eligibility and to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Game will not bring the “Released Parties” (as defined below) into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Game or the Released Parties as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If requested, potential winner will agree to such background check and understand
and agree that Sponsor may disqualify such winner based on the results of the background check.
14. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. By participating, entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold Sponsor, the Administrator, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, retailers and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from any liability, claims, losses and damages related to the acceptance, use, misuse or possession of a prize or participation in this Game. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, inaccurate, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, counterfeit or postage-due game pieces, game piece requests, prize claims or entries, or for data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of game pieces, loss or otherwise. Released Parties are not responsible for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether printing, seeding, typographical, technical, human or otherwise, relating to or in connection with this Game, including, without limitation, errors, malfunctions or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Game, the announcement of the prizes, the processing of game pieces, prize claims or entries or in any Game-related materials.
By participating in the Game and accepting a prize, winners grant Sponsor and its designees the right to the use of their names, addresses, voices, and statements relating to the Game or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or the Released Parties in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by law. You are not an Online Game prize winner until your eligibility and game piece have been verified, and it is determined that you have complied with all terms of these Official Rules.
Game pieces are void if not obtained through authorized channels or tampered with, or if game pieces contain printing, production, typographical, mechanical, seeding or other errors, or if they are not redeemed for prize claim by 11/15/19. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or terminate this Game (or any portion thereof), should any technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Game. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from this Game or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliates if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Game or he/she is otherwise in violation of these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the Game materials, administration of the Game or in the announcement of the prize winners. If, for any reason, the Game (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, commotion, civil disobedience, terrorist act (or threat of terrorist act), war, martial law, governmental order, or any other causes which Sponsor, in its sole opinion deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Game (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Game and proceed with the Game and make prizes available to be won in a manner deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to be fair, appropriate and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Game website and at all Iron Skillet and Country Pride locations.
By participating, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Ohio, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating, entrants’ consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in Westlake, Ohio. Any failure to enforce any term, condition or provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term, condition or provision.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE GAME, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS, AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.
WINNERS LIST REQUEST: For a list of the prize winners over $25, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, for receipt by 11/15/19 to: Robust Promotions LLC, Attn: “2019 SweepSTEAKS Promotion” Winners List, 1415 S. Ardmore Avenue, #6299, Villa Park, IL 60181. If you are chosen as a winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners list.
This Game is solely sponsored by TA Operating LLC, 24601 Center Ridge Road, Westlake, OH 44145-5639.
This Game is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook or Twitter. Facebook and Twitter are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Game.
@2019 TA Operating LLC.
This offer shall not be published without permission of the Sponsor.