TravelCenters of America Releases Inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance Report
Report Highlights Progress in Implementing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Initiatives and Outlines Enhanced Focus on Guest Health and Wellness
TravelCenters of America Inc. (Nasdaq: TA), the nation’s largest publicly traded full-service travel center network, today announced the publication of its inaugural Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, which reflects the company’s longstanding commitment to sustainability and transparency.
TA’s ESG report highlights TA’s progress and achievements across a broad array of ESG initiatives, including environmental management and investment in alternative energy, team member training, development and recognition, guest experience, community engagement and industry leadership.
“At TA, our goals include enhancing the experience of our guests and the quality of life of our drivers and ensuring our team members are engaged and productive while also capitalizing on opportunities to minimize the environmental impact of our business,” said Jon Pertchik, Chief Executive Officer. “As reflected in our inaugural ESG report, we have made meaningful strides in these efforts by upgrading our travel centers, fostering an engaging work environment, implementing strategic health and wellness initiatives and launching a new business unit focused on alternative energy and sustainability. We remain focused on further refining and developing strategies to accomplish these goals.”
ESG elements summarized in the 2021 ESG Report include the following:
· TA’s role in advancing the clean energy transition through its dedicated eTA business unit.
· Diversity that reflects the communities in which TA operates.
· Strategic initiatives focused on improving the health and well-being of its guests.
· Robust support for communities and organizations through company-sponsored donations, Round Up campaigns and volunteer hours.
· An enhanced focus on data privacy and security.
The 2021 ESG Report can be found at this LINK.