TravelCenters of America Completes Development and Opens New Travel Center in Wilmington, Illinois
TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), operator of the TA® and Petro Stopping Centers® travel center brands, has announced the expansion of its network with the completion of construction and opening of Petro Wilmington, located on 27 acres of land at I-55, Exit 240 (24225 W. Lorenzo Rd.) in Wilmington, Illinois.
TravelCenters and Wilmington City Officials have worked closely together to help this newly constructed facility to have a positive impact on the city and its economic development, and provide professional drivers the finest in travel center amenities and customer service.
Specifically, Petro Wilmington, open 24/7/365, offers:
- 229 angled and generously sized truck parking spaces and over 120 car parking spaces;
- Eight diesel lanes, all equipped to pump bulk DEF, and 12 Shell-branded gasoline fueling points;
- A five-bay Petro:Lube facility, and RoadSquad™ emergency roadside service, available 24/7/365;
- A 140-seat Iron Skillet® full-service restaurant with a buffet and StayFit® menu options;
- A 18-seat Charleys Philly Steak® quick-service restaurant;
- A 4,900 square-foot Minit Mart® travel store stocked with driver merchandise, Minit Mart’s refreshing Cool Cup® fountain beverages, World Blends® Coffee, and to-go offerings featuring fried chicken, pizza and a variety of healthy options, prepared fresh daily on site;
- Nine driver showers operated by a fully automated reservation system, also accessible through the TA/Petro TruckSmart® mobile app;
- A FREE StayFit® fitness room (free to professional drivers who are UltraONE® Driver Rewards Program members) and an outdoor walking trail for continued dedication to fitness;
- A laundry facility with machines that accept credit/debit card payments and send the user a text message when the cycle is finished;
- Professional driver movie and TV rooms and much more*!
*See attached Wilmington Specification Sheet with additional amenity offerings
"Our Petro Wilmington location is perfectly situated right off Interstate 55 in Illinois. It is another gem in our TA/Petro network of full-service travel center option," said Tom O'Brien, President and CEO of TravelCenters. “We remain dedicated to offering drivers the best amenities, best services, and best hospitality. It’s no wonder we’re Voted Best by drivers every year.”
About TravelCenters of America LLC
TravelCenters of America LLC (TravelCenters), headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, conducts business in 43 states and Canada, principally under the TA® and Petro Stopping Centers® travel center brands and the Minit Mart® convenience store brand. For more information on TravelCenters, TA, and Petro Stopping Centers, please visit www.ta-petro.com. For more information on Minit Mart, please visit www.minitmart.com.
TravelCenters of AmericaTom Liutkus, firstname.lastname@example.org