TA's Coronavirus Response
TravelCenters of America is committed to serving all professional drivers and highway travelers. We’ve taken a number of steps to help ensure the continuity of our business operations during the coronavirus pandemic, with the health and well-being of our customers, employees and the general public as our top priorities. We will continue to do all we can to provide a safe environment for all who enter our doors.
Our safety measures
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing routines for common touch points including showers, restrooms, fuel dispensers and fuel pumps, using best-in-class chemicals
- For the safety of everyone, and given the CDC guidance on the role that face coverings can play in minimizing the spread of coronavirus, our employees and customers are required to wear face coverings
- Hand sanitizer is available for employees and customers
- All are encouraged to follow CDC recommendations of social distancing
- We are following state and local health department regulations in all of our stores, individually wrapping food products including hot dogs, pretzels, apples, donuts and pastries
- We are following state and local orders for occupancy restrictions in our restaurants and are implementing a number of additional safety measures using CDC recommendations
- Our employees are advised to practice preventive safety measures, including frequent hand washing and staying home when feeling ill
- We have temporarily closed fitness centers and are limiting capacity in laundry facilities. Our driver lounges and TV rooms are open where state and local authorities permit, subject to applicable state and local restrictions, and with CDC recommended precautionary measures in place including increased cleaning, social distancing and the use of face coverings.
Our mobile app allows drivers to access a number of services without leaving their vehicle. We encourage the use of the TruckSmart app for contactless transactions. Drivers can reserve parking spaces or showers, order meals and request maintenance or repair services without getting out of their vehicle – all easily accomplished with a few clicks on any smartphone.