Courtesy of Hope Zvara, Mother Trucker Yoga:
Building a healthy body is not just about stretching or just building strength. It is a balance of both. As you work to stay hydrated, double up and on the way back out to your truck try a few overhead presses using your water bottle to help build up more shoulder and upper body strength.
Our day to day modern lives don’t request enough frequency in reaching up overhead. That means you have to make an effort to make it happen. The good news is, there's no need for weights. Whether it's a water bottle or a gallon jug, you can use whatever you have.
5 Steps to a Water Bottle Workout
- Stand tall, or try your overhead presses while walking for an extra challenge.
- Exhale and try to press the water jug overhead.
- Be mindful not to round your body or let your elbow kick out while lifting up overhead.
- Can you keep your body tall and front ribs down while you reach up? You should feel your core!
- Reach for 10 reps on each side.
Every move matters, and remember it all adds up, so keep moving!