Courtesy of Hope Zvara, CEO of Mother Trucker Yoga and yoga, movement and lifestyle expert:
Living on the road can be stressful, but with the right tools in your toolbox, you can make a few things easier. However, before learning to manage your daily stress in more positive ways, you must first recognize the signs:
- Teeth grinding at night
- Weird recurring dreams
- Sudden hair loss
- Stomach issues and digestive complaints
- Constant illness
Now, many of these issues could very well have a direct cause. Did you forget to wash your face? How has your diet been?
But if you're noticing two or more signs above, then it might be worth considering some stress-reducing activities like meditation, stretching, walking and even yoga.
Before you lay down to sleep, try to turn off your phone at least 15 minutes before you go to bed. Over time, try to turn off your phone as much as 30 to 60 minutes before bed. Let your brain take a break.
Plus, try this quick move. You can do the Four Figure Hip Stretch while laying down in your sleeper before you go to bed.
- Laying on your sleeper, bend both knees.
- Extend your left leg up towards the sky and roll your ankle.
- Now cross your left ankle over your right knee.
- Flex your left ankle and gently press your left knee/thigh away from you with your hand.
- Hold here for five to 10 breaths.
- Repeat the opposite side. Consider doing the tighter side a second time.
NOTE: If you are experiencing knee pain in this move it is often caused by the hip being tight. Don’t push it, but instead just work to keep the leg crossed and foot flexed.
Do this every day for a week and then tell me how you feel!