Chef Nevin Irvin is helping to keep you going while you're on the road! With more than 18 years in professional kitchens, Chef Nevin has been cooking up the tastiest meals. Now, he uses those skills to introduce new and nutritious dishes to the Country Pride and Iron Skillet menus. Try chef's recipes in our restaurants or in your own home!
As promised, Chef Nevin is sharing a favorite recipe of his that you can make at home and enjoy with the whole family. Or if you are planning to go out on the road, pack some up and use it as a side for your favorite sandwich. Try Chef Nevin’s Spicy Pea Salad using his creamy Ranch Dressing today!
Chef Nevin's Spicy Pea Salad
- 1 Cup Chef Nevin’s or Your Favorite Ranch
- 1 16 Oz. Bag Frozen Peas, Thawed
- 1 Cup Cheddar, Shredded
- ¼ Cup Onion, Minced
- 1 Lb. Bacon, Chopped
- 1 Cup Crispy Jalapeno Salad Topper
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the peas, ranch, cheddar, onion, bacon, and half of the crispy jalapenos.
- Mix all ingredients well and move to the refrigerator and let salad set for 2 hours.
- Remove salad from the refrigerator and finish by dusting the top with the remaining crispy jalapenos.
- Want to make this your own? Make homemade ranch. It’s simple, just see our Ranch recipe.
- Leave the Jalapenos out and sub in crispy onions to keep the texture and it’s no longer spicy!
Looking for more tasty dishes? Stop into a Country Pride and Iron Skillet to try more of Chef Nevin's creations. We'll see you on the road!