Get to know our corporate chef, Chef Nevin Irvin! Chef Nevin has been in professional kitchens for more than 18 years. Now, he uses those skills to introduce new and nutritious dishes to the Country Pride and Iron Skillet menus. Check back often to see what Chef is cooking up today!
Today, Chef Nevin is sharing his recipe for a burger that's (literally) bursting with flavor. The recipe makes 6 burgers, so try it with your friends and family today.
Chef Nevin's Jalapeno Poppin' Stuffed Burger Recipe
For The Filling
- 8 Oz. Cream Cheese, Chilled
- 2 Each Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- Pinch White Pepper
For The Burger
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Each Large Egg
- 1/4 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Salt, Kosher
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 1 Each Heirloom Tomato
- 1 Lb. Bacon
- 1 Each Yellow Onion
- 1 Each Red Pepper, Roasted
- 1 lb Pepper Jack Cheese
- Mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt, Worcestershire and pepper.
- Divide the burger meat into 6 equal balls and set aside.
- Cut peppers in half and remove veins and seeds.
- Cut into 1/8” strips, turn and dice into 1/8” squares.
- Mix the cream cheese, jalapeños, salt and white pepper together.
- Separate the cream cheese into 6 equal portions.
- If cream cheese becomes soft while mixing, place in fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Next take the meat and form into an oval shaped patty about 1/4” thick. Squash a cream cheese ball into a patty shape, and place on one side of the oval.
- Next fold the patty over and move around your hands sealing the seam and creating a round burger patty.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 until all burgers are made.
- Cook burgers on grill at 500°F.
- Cook for about 3-4 on each side. Plate as desired with your favorite sides!
Looking for more tasty dishes? Stop into a Country Pride or Iron Skillet to try more of Chef Nevin's creations. We'll see you on the road!