Courtesy of Hope Zvara, CEO of Mother Trucker Yoga and yoga, movement and lifestyle expert:
No matter how hard you try, it can be challenging to perfect driving posture. Truck driver or not, it is important to take those mini-breaks throughout the day and work to stretch and open up what becomes short and tight from long-term sitting and driving.
Try incorporating a simple chest and shoulder stretch into your driving routine a few times a day.
While parked, waiting to load or unload add this quick stretch in to give your body some much-needed instant relief!
- Sit tall in your driver's seat.
- Take both hands and either grab the back of your headrest or lace your fingers behind your head.
- Take a deep breath in and pull your elbows back and sit as upright as you can.
- Hold the stretch for at least five breaths.
- Repeat several times a day.
Because remember it’s about one small change that can lead to bigger long-term results.