Chef Nevin Irvin is helping to keep you going while you're on the road! With more than 18 years in professional kitchens, Chef Nevin has been cooking up the tastiest meals. Now, he uses those skills to introduce new and nutritious dishes to the Country Pride and Iron Skillet menus. Between testing new menu items and fine-tuning your favorites, he's definitely got a lot cooking!
Chef Nevin Irvin is back to show you his recipe for this delicious meal! Try his version of Black Bean Burrito today.
Chef Nevin's Black Bean Burrito
- 1 Each 12” Tortilla
- ⅓ Cup Black Beans – See Recipe
- ½ Cup Cheddar, Shredded
- 1 Each Small Tomato, Diced
- 1 Cup Lettuce, Shredded
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- As Needed Hot Sauce
- Set broiler on high or preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place tortilla on a cookie sheet or pizza pan.
- Heat beans if needed.
- Spread beans across tortilla almost as if you were saucing a pizza.
- Next sprinkle cheese across the beans.
- Place tortilla into the broiler or oven and allow cheese to melt.
- When cheese is melted, remove tortilla from the oven and sprinkle lettuce over the cheese.
- Next sprinkle the diced tomato across the lettuce.
- Lastly, place sour cream around the tortilla in small dollops.
- Roll up the tortilla by starting with the piece closest to you and roll until it is completely rolled up.
- Cut in half and enjoy with your favorite hot sauce.
Looking for more tasty dishes? Stop into a Country Pride and Iron Skillet to try more of Chef Nevin's creations. We'll see you on the road!