Truck Repair & Maintenance
Tire Casing Credits
Get credit for your used tires.
Did you know that your used truck tires may still have value? Trained TA Truck Service technicians can inspect and grade your used tire casings at any of our more than 243 facilities. Casings will be classified by category to determine the value, and any credits earned towards your next tire purchase will appear on your work order.
A casing credit will be available to any customer on LP22.5, LP24.5, 1R22.5 or 11R24.5 size tires when casings meet the “A” or “B” grade in the casing criteria outlined below.
Casing Criteria for “A” and “B” Grade Casings
Grade “A” Criteria
- Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin
- 48 month DOT age or less
- Virgin tire, no recaps
- Maximum two existing/required repairs – “T-T” area only
Grade “B” Criteria
- Bridgestone, Firestone, Michelin, Goodyear
- BF Goodrich, Continental, Dayton, Dunlop, Kelly, Sumitomo, Toyo, Yokohama, Cooper Roadmaster
- 72 month DOT age or less
- Virgin tire, or once capped tire
- Maximum 3 Existing/Required Repairs – “T-T” Area Only
Additional “A” & “B” Casing Criteria
- No existing/required sidewall section repairs
- Minimal sidewall cuts, abrasions and weather cracking
- No existing/required S-T or S-S repairs (3/8" Maximum Repairs in “T-T” Area Only)
- No injuries larger than 3/8" after prepared for repair (“T-T” Area Only)
- Minor bead cuts – NO EXPOSED STEEL
Tire casing criteria is effective Oct. 1, 2016.