Interstate SpeedZone is the Network of WiFi Hotspots at TA and Petro Stopping Centers Locations.
For questions or help with Interstate Speedzone WiFi while at a TA or Petro location, please contact:
Interstate SpeedZone Customer Service
If your notebook computer or handheld device is not “wireless ready,” you will need to purchase a wireless PC card or wireless USB adapter. These devices send and receive data and connect to the wireless access points that are installed at each Interstate SpeedZone location.
Creating an Interstate Speedzone Account
Once you connect to Interstate SpeedZone (Wireless Network ID: INTERSTATE), our login page will appear.
Select your payment option:
- UltraONE® Points
- Credit Card
- Prepaid Card
Then, select the amount of time you would like to buy. Enter in your personal Interstate SpeedZone username and password.
Subscription times are continuous from time of first log-in. For example, if you purchased a 24-hour plan and logged in at 7 p.m., your access will end at 7 p.m. the next day. Visit a site for more information.
How to Connect to the Internet
While at a location, launch your wireless card software and go to the Site Survey mode. The available wireless networks will be displayed. Our wireless network SSID is INTERSTATE. Highlight INTERSTATE and hit connect. Then, launch your web browser and the Interstate SpeedZone login page should appear. If your wireless card doesn't have a Site Survey mode, then change the SSID (service set identifier) to INTERSTATE.
Frequently Asked Questions About Interstate Speedzone WiFi
- How can I pay for Interstate SpeedZonesm?
- When you get to the Interstate SpeedZone login page you can choose to pay online with a credit card, prepaid card, or redeem your UltraONE Points. Prepaid cards are available at TA and Petro Travel Stores for daily, monthly and annual subscriptions!
- Can I establish a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection to my office?
- Yes. Interstate SpeedZone will support VPN connections.
- Where can I get the best signal?
- The Interstate SpeedZone signal should be available throughout the building and parking lot. For best results try to have a clear view of the roof top antennas. We have also installed antennas in most of our restaurants so the signal strength in the restaurant seating areas should be excellent.
- How do I know how much time is left on my subscription?
- After you login to Interstate SpeedZone by entering your username and password, a window will pop up to tell you how much time is left.
- I've connected to the TA and Petro wireless network, but when I launch my browser I get the "Page cannot be displayed" message.
- This sometimes happens when your notebook has not been assigned a temporary IP address. Sending a new request to the access point can sometimes fix this. Browse to any web site, and click enter. The Interstate SpeedZone login page should then appear.
- How do I contact Interstate SpeedZone customer service?
- Call toll-free 1-877-838-1926.
Courtesy WiFi available in select restaurants.